29 November 2008

gibber gabber

The greatest thing about Thanksgiving is the LEFT-OVERS! We came back from Cinci today with a huge bag of tupperware packed to the lid with stuffing, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, turkey and 4 slices of pumpkin pie. :)
Left-overs. That's all I'm saying.

We move in, let's see, 11 days from tomorrow. And I forget if I told y'all but we got an official Roanoke address. :) And the lady from the animal shelter that Milo is at emailed me to tell me he was still there if we were still interested. Of course I emailed her back to tell her UH, OF COURSE! and that we would be there in a little over a week to get him if he could just hold out for a little longer. She emailed back, surprised that we were coming that soon (time flew by for her as well, apparently) and she said, and I quote, "Hokey Smokes! Well, maybe he IS meant to be yours." That made me squeal in happiness. I think she's already kinda tagged him as ours. So I filled out the adoption application immediately. Man oh man, I hope I can make that dog mine.
We have decided to donate the Rodeo to a ministry at Southland Christian Church, the church that Corey does his practicum. We don't like the car; we haven't from the beginning and have been praying about getting a new car, as in not used, a Honda CR-V to be exact. We were having trouble figuring out how to get both the CR-X and the Rodeo along with the Budget truck to Roanoke so we decided to try to sell it. We posted it and a couple people acted interested but nothing really happened so we kinda gave up and started praying about it again. Then Corey came home one day with the idea of donating it to the church ministry, Helping Through Him, which gives things that have been donated by the community to families who need them. So the Rodeo will be going, Lord willing, to a family who really needs a car. Since we started thinking, considering and praying about this opportunity, things have kinda fell in place. We are both at peace with it and fell really good about giving it to someone who needs it more than we do. Of course that puts me with no car, but I'm not worried. We've been walking out with only faith for the past few months, allowing God to control our lives, and if we feel like we're being led to do this, I'm 100% confident God will make way for us to get the car we need. So, we're saying "Sayanora, Cowboy!" Hope to never run into ya again. :P
Have any of y'all been to a store called "IKEA"? It's the greatest store ever. It's gigantic and full of showrooms for every room of your house. So you walk through the top floor of the building and look at all these showrooms that have been set up like real kitchens, real bedrooms, etc. and you write down the items that you like and are interested in buying on this pad of paper they provide for you and when you've went through it all (which takes at least an hour), you go downstairs to what looks like a warehouse and match up the aisle and bin number of the items that you wanted from upstairs, and there will be the item you wanted. It is THE COOLEST store I've been in yet, in all my 24 years.
Apparently, my mother-in-law cried a little this morning, knowing that we would be heading back to Wilmore today. She asked Corey if we would still come and visit them after we moved. I think I underestimated how much it would upset her, us moving to Virginia.
My fantastically smart hubby graduates from Asbury Theological Seminary on Tuesday with his masters in Pastoral Counseling. What an accomplishment. That right there is all I need to say. That, and Congratulations, mi amor. I'm so proud of you.
If y'all out there want to watch it, it'll be online on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. at http://www.asburyseminary.edu/online-chapel/kentucky If the live streaming of the graduation is not directly on that page, then look for a link for the "winter commencement service".

Hope y'alls Thanksgivings were full of thanks and happiness and lots of family time. :)

4 comments:

Leanne Penny said...

I am thinking of you friend, hang in there! I hope it all goes beautifully

Dan Underwood said...

Congratulations Corey!
That's an amazing gift to give someone - a car. I know because I received my truck that way. Generous people make God's love very real!

Hope McClure said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait till you move up to VA :) I love you and can't wait to be your neighbor!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Ikea!! We happened upon it New Haven, CT a year ago. It is amazing!!