Last night, we had our first date dinner in Roanoke. Take a wild guess where we went...
The Roanoker Restaurant.
The food was pretty good, I must say. Both me and Corey had the Sea Captain Platter. And we had a good laugh after passing a note to our waiter that said "So IS it a requirement to be a senior citizen to eat here? You can just nod yes or no." I'm not lying- everyone there, besides the grandchildren who were carried there, were at least 65 years of age or older. And everyone else I guess got a kick out of us being there too, the ONLY young couple in their 20's.
This morning we went to church at Garden City Baptist. There wasn't a sermon; the choir had a recital planned for this morning. It was nice. And we got greeted by a few people which was also nice. Yet again, mainly old people. We were at least among the few young people there; there were babies and toddlers and a couple teens. Next Sunday we're trying Bible Baptist Church right down the road here (the one with the gas station and school bus in front), haha. I'm sure it won't be a boring experience either.
I think the only young people our age that we have met and really enjoyed talking to were the couple that sold us our washer and dryer, Bobby and Jill. Let's just say we would be hanging out more often if we didn't live an hour and a couple civilizations away from each other (they're definitely in the woods). :)
We've been getting Christmas cards every day since we moved in. It's been so great.
My sister and future brother-in-law came down a couple days ago and I left my bag in her car so they're having to mail it back to me so it's four days till Christmas and we haven't bought presents for much anyone. You would think I would be stressing out, but I laugh it off. It IS kinda funny.
Corey has an interview on Tuesday with the Pastoral Counseling Center of Roanoke Valley.
I was supposed to get a call back from Family Preservation Inc. but my phone has been with my bag in NC for 4 days so yeah.
Um...
We're taking Milo for a hike today up to the Roanoke Star. We're gonna call our parents and have them look on the website to see us- there is a camera set up up there that has a live feed so that'll be fun. Hi Mom! I've always wanted to say that on camera. :)
I think you're just about caught up. Anything else funny happens and I'll let you know, fo sho.
1 comment:
upon leaving the Roanoker, the waiter said that we had to hurry because we had already aged 2-3 years just being there. it was pretty funny.
Post a Comment