So yesterday was...meh. It really wasn't one of the top rated birthdays I've had in all my 25 years.
I have a meeting for work involving a client of mine at 10 am. So I started the day with stress and nervousness. That went better than expected and then I got to be home the rest of the day. By myself. Corey had to work. But while I was at home, I did absolutely nothing. That's kinda celebratory. I took a long nap and watched my favorite series and waited for Corey to come home.
That's when the party started. We went to a couple stores to shop and then went to Parker's Seafood on Peters Creek which was muy delicioso. Then we went to a few more stores and came home. See, Tuesday night, we went with a friend to the midnight showing of "Transformers" (great movie, btw) so all day yesterday we felt drained. But I told Corey to keep it alive for a couple more hours while we celebrated the birthday and he did so when we did finally make it home last night, we were blah and ready for bed. And that was at 930.
So we got a good 4 hours of good fun birthday time yesterday. I got a couple early birthday presents (a big, beautiful plant from Andrea O.- she does know her stuff, and a Wii game from Corey- he knows I was addicted) and lots and lots of birthday wishes on FB (Thanks, guys!) and a few birthday cards (a special thanks to Andrea K. and Sissy for making those birthday cards Hoops and YoYo cards. I love those guys) and several phone calls, a few of which involved singing. :) Every year.
And Andrea O. is having a birthday bash at her and Blake's house this weekend for me and Blake- his birthday is the 28th. And on the 4th, I'm going to my parent's house to celebrate there with all the family and a few friends, because for just a short while, I will be half Daddy's age, just until he turns 51 on July 10th. So we're having a party to celebrate this once in a lifetime occurence (it's really our way of not getting depressed about being a quarter (me) and a half (Daddy) of a century old.) So I have those to look forward to too. :)
So even though yesterday wasn't that great, yesterday evening was and there will be surprises throughout the rest of the week through the weekend and next weekend too.
Overall rating: not too shabby for Danessa.
No comments:
Post a Comment