05 July 2009

Update for Corey's sake

This weekend has been craAaAzZy!

A birthday celebration for Mamaw and Papaw Friday afternoon, the 4th of July celebration and ACHS Steel Drum Band performance Saturday morning, birthday dinner for me and Daddy Saturday afternoon, church of course Sunday morning and then a cookout up at Papaw and Mamaw's for lunch and a movie day with Mama and Daddy. Monday was a little more relaxed, well way too relaxed. Mama and Daddy went to work as usual, Darius went tubing with his girlfriend, and I, yet again, chaperoned the dog and his new friend. Eventually I got tired of that, so I went to town, bought some things for the house and went to lunch with Mama and Daddy. During our lunch break, me and Mama went to the jewelry store to get my new ring resized. After getting back to the shop and staying a while, I went back home and watched TV, which was nice since we don't have TV here at the house. And by TV, I mean cable. When mama and daddy got home, we fried up the new squash from the Barker garden and ate it. :) It was very yummy. I hope we get another one for you to try. We grow good veggies.
I left for home Tuesday morning and put the new stuff in the house, picked some more veggies (this time zucchini the length of my forearm to my fingertips!), and worked on a couple pieces of art for some friends, watched the Ocean's movies and went to bed. Today I got ready for Hopie to come tomorrow.
It's pretty much routine around here without ya.
I miss you like crazy. I'm probably the most depressing person to be around or even look at when you're not here. 4 days. You enjoy them though. Don't worry about me. Just enjoy the time you have Chris and Paige, and I'll be happy to see you Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have came tubing with us we had a blast and I'm sure you would have made it 10 times more funn. :)


Stacee

the husband said...

At least you got to watch some good shows and spend some time with your family! I had an awesome time and greatly appreciate the chance!