So I'm hearing that first-born babies come early...up to two weeks early.
I had heard this while in college, not from an instructor, but just as a wives' tale type thing and I didn't think anything of it. Until now. We've wondered since the 16th week appointment whether Simon would be an early baby due to his advance in development. (If you don't remember, the tech told us that while I was 16 weeks, Simon was 17 weeks and a couple days, so he was developing ahead of the game.) Since then, we've wondered if he would come early, despite the doctor saying that his advanced development wouldn't alter his due date.
Then this morning, that thought occurred to me out of the blue- the first baby always arrives early.
So I started asking around this morning. Every one, EVERY ONE, said the first baby came early. Laura's first came 10 days early, Amber's first came 2 weeks early, Kathy's first came 3 weeks early, Kristy's first came 6 days early, and Sylvia's first came 4 days early. That's everyone I asked this morning.
Kristy also said that you can judge by the moon, that the full moon will trigger contractions. Now this theory is a little far fetched for me to believe I think, but I'm believing the theory that the first comes early. And if Simon does decide to come early, and it happens to be on the full moon before his expected due date, that falls on February 28th. February 28th! Not that I am counting on Simon coming on the 28th of February, but it puts ideas in your head, ya know?
I do think he's gonna come early- 1) he's developed a week + a couple days early, so he'll be fully cooked on March 10th, and 2) the "the first comes early" theory is testing out.
5 comments:
yey :)!!! I can't wait for him to come :) are you ready?!?
Ok. So, where are more pictures!!!!?!???? It's killing me to not be there for the whole process. Wish we were back in the Broadhurst days (though not living in that little place!)
miss you so much!
Laura
I'm so glad you posted,its been awhile. A lady that goes to church with me just had a litte girl and she came six weeks early and weighed 6lbs. and 8oz. I thought that was pretty crazy. Can't wait for Simon to get here, not long. :)
Stacee
he will arrive when he is supposed to arrive and that's all we can hope for
Soren came 3 weeks early... however I always heard the wives' tale of first babies coming late. Eh, who knows. He'll come when he's ready!
Post a Comment