10 April 2010

to catch you up

Well hello out there!
We haven't had the internet in the apartment we've been staying in so I've not been able to post as much as I wanted. I have missed it.
So we're still trying to close on the house- we're pretty upset about this. it's been since the end of January that we first started this process. It's April. That's more than the allowed 45 days. It's been frustrating. And of course, if you're on facebook, you know Simon Harold was born March 25th at 5:04p; he was 6 days late. And we had to have a c-section. Labor was hard and not progressing, the meds they gave to regulate and encourage contractions did the exact opposite- they screwed the contractions up, making them few and far between and not progressive and the meds made Simon's heart rate drop. Turns out when he was delivered, he was turned sideways (which would have caused serious complications if he was born vaginally) and the cord was around his neck. But I was thankful- the contractions were extremely painful, they messed up my epi and had to do it twice (no fun), and I was only 3 centimeters dilated. That would have been a very VERY long night/morning/day.
Enough talking- I know y'all are still looking forward to pictures of the house and if you're not on facebook, pictures of Simon. So here they are.


downstairs, the living room/foyer


the hallway leading to the guest rooms/guest bath and sunroom,
and the dining room, leading to the walk-in pantry and kitchen.


the kitchen, of course


our beautiful sunroom overlooking the backyard

And here is Simon.





5 comments:

Laura and John said...

Wonderful! Wonderful!! I especially like the Simon part : ) He looks just gorgeous!!!

And, thank you for the pictures!

Dan Underwood said...

Simon rocks!!! I love the last picture - though I can't tell if he's crying or yawning!

Hope McClure said...

I'm so happy for you! I miss you and can't wait to see you! I hope you're having fun with the Barkers this weekend. I'd love to come to your shower, just let me know the date and time, and I'll be there! And your first free weekend, I'm goin to Roanoke!!!

I love you!

Leanne Penny said...

The house is so amazingly beautiful. Congrats you guys, love it!

Kel Penny said...

Danessa, the house is so beautiful! I love it! Congrats!