There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon,
Waking to the sunlight, being cradled by the moon.
Catching fireflies at night, building castles in the sand,
Kissing Mama's face goodnight and holding Daddy's hand.
Thank you, Lord. How could I ask for more?
Running barefoot in the grass, a little hide-and-go-seek,
And being so in love you can hardly breathe.
Dancing the dark when there's no one else around,
Being bundled 'neath the covers watching snow fall to the ground.
Thank you, Lord. How could I ask for more?
So many things I thought would bring me happiness
Some dreams that are realities today.
Such an irony the things that mean the most to me are the memories
that I've made along the way.
So if there's anything I learned from this journey I'm on,
Simple truth will keep you going, simple love will keep you strong.
There are questions without answers, and flames that never die.
And heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise.
Thank you, Lord.
Thank you, Lord.
How could I ask for more?
"How Could I Ask for More" Lauren Tally
1 comment:
Hey girl,
I've been reading your posts. I love the song in this post. It is one of my all time favorites. It was in our wedding video and we showed pictures of Cy and I growing up. It sums up all of the things I love about this life.
Glad things are going well for you and that you have found a church. Your dog sounds sweet and you guys are so patient to help him through everything. I'll be praying about the job possibility.
You and Corey have so much love and I love seeing you in this stage of your life. It brings me back to the first few years Cy and I were married. Times were crazy hard, but I look back now and smile. Wouldn't trade it for the world! And it is awesome to see how God moves.
I know I didn't see you much when you were here, but it stinks that I can't see ya at all! Would love to chat over some hot chocolate!
Oh! Got a nice new camera, but don't know how to use it! Could have used your expertise!
Love you,
Traci (Hutcherson)
Post a Comment