06 February 2009

"I will move ahead, bold and confident..."

I talked to DePaul Family Services today. Today was the latest day of the latest week she said she would contact me after we had the interview. She hadn't called me this afternoon and I wasn't ABOUT to go ANOTHER weekend not knowing. So I called her at 3 o'clock. And again at 4:30. The latter time, she picked up and apologized for not calling sooner; she had been waiting as long as she could to see if any referrals from any surrounding schools came in for a Behavioral Specialist, so when she called me today, she could give me the job I wanted. None had.
She continued to say that she really liked me and she couldn't let me go. So she offered me the only open job they have available right now- a mentor, part time. She went on to say that that would be temporary, that once a referral was made for a Behavioral Specialist, I would be "promoted" in a sense to that position and to a full time staff member. (That's what's hard about this line of work- it's all based on referral from other facilities to DePaul's. Then they send out the staff they have to those places that need that assistance.) Until then though, I'm happy.
I'm working at the place I wanted to work at, with the nice people I wanted to work with, with the reassurance from my boss that I will have the job I initially wanted as soon as it becomes needed.
And all I can say is "Finally!" and "Thank you, God. From the depths of my heart."

4 comments:

the husband said...

Very exciting news! God provides, that's for sure! Congrats!

Shannon said...

I am so happy for you, Danessa! I hope everythings works out as well as you want it to!

Aquajag said...

Great news! Sounds like a step in the right direction! Glad everything's coming together.

Hope McClure said...

YEYYYYYY!! I'm so happy and excited for you! I'm waitin for the phone call ;) When you get back from Aunties....call me!!!!