14 February 2009

We're finally busy bees again.

This week was the best week ever.
We went hiking twice! Up Mill Mountain with the dog, where we had the chance to socialize him with other people in close proximity and other dogs just as close. It was so cool- we would see another couple or family coming, more than likely with a dog, and we would go off to the side, pull a treat out of the bag and tell Mi to sit. He would sit there until the people/dog passed, not barking, not growling, not inching towards them, and only after they passed would we give him the treat and praise, then continue on our way. The only bad thing was that we thought of this technique on the way back down. But hey, by the time we got down to the car, the dog had not barked at anybody. And there were a lot of people out that day; it was a beautiful, warm Sunday afternoon.
We had friends over to the house Tuesday night for some Wii playin', and went hiking again on Wednesday because it turned out to be another gorgeous day and once I had a taste, I couldn't stay indoors. Then bible study with a great group of people that night. On Thursday, we cashed in our raincheck for the free Denny's breakfast they offered shortly after the superbowl, and it was delicious. I made a $6 purchase of a big clock for a bedroom wall- my first purchase for a month at least and Friday, me and Corey made like a 5 pound cheese ball (I got to get my hands messy squishing all the ingredients together to make the ball!) for friends that came over and we played Loaded Questions, Guesstures, Catch Phrase and Wig Out. I won Loaded Questions, the boys team won Guesstures and Catch Phrase, and I won both games of Wig Out. Laura, if you're reading this- I won the last game with the end total of 0! I wigged out on all 5 rounds! I don't think that's ever been done. It was so exciting! I dated the score card and posted it on the fridge.
And today, Valentines Day, we have a "Desserting Us" Party for Chris and Kristin Adkins who are heading out to Guyana, South America with the Peace Corps.
Man, this week was so awesome.
Next weekend, my parents are coming with my grandparents to spend the day with us up here. The weekend after that, Hopie's coming. And sometime in between there, I should be starting work, Lord willing.
I hope the weeks just keep getting better and better. :)

3 comments:

the husband said...

It's pretty awesome, huh? It took a while to get started, but we are on the rise back out of the valley!

Hope McClure said...

better is awesome! I can't tell you how happy I am for yall. I love you :)

Leanne Penny said...

Danessa, Ioved reading your blog and catching up with you guys. Enjoy work when you start and tell corey I say hang in there with job stuff...