So today was eventful. I helped fill out about 10 applications for different stores in the mall for a friend of mine, Andrea. We first made a pit stop at Starbucks, because she needs her coffee, and then we headed to Valley View Mall. We walked around and she went into a bunch of stores while I stood outside or sat on the nearest bench holding her coffee. She went into New York & Co, the Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, Bath & Body Works, the Disney Store, Yankee Candle Co., Victoria Secret (the fragrance store), the Limited, Hallmark, and Express. We gathered all these applications and then found us a seat in the food court and started filling them out. I copied info off her resumes and we got done with all of them in about 2 hours. Some of those things were HUGE! But then it was off to deliver them back. She got an interview later this week for New York & Co., I think that's the one, and she had an interview on the spot with Yankee Candle for their assistant manager position. I'm hoping today's hard and dedicated work pays off in the end.
I would say we had a very productive day. Most people would think I was crazy. People have a hard time filling out their own applications, much less filling out someone else's.
But I love helping people out. Makes me feel good and special. And we had some great friend time too. Lots of laughs. And I got out of the house for several hours.
It was a good day.
2 comments:
sounds like a very good day indeed. glad you were able to go out and help.
You're such a good friend :) I'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment