27 July 2009

New York

Me and Hope have a plan to go to NYC before we turn 30.
June...the second week of June, 2014.

Hope says that gives us plenty of time to save money...
I said that gives us just enough time to
be paying a good mortgage,
have plenty of babies at home and
be overwhelmed with a career.
Yeah, we're going to be overflowing with extra money.

But we're gonna do it! June 2014.

Here's what we wanna do:
1 Broadway show
Statue of Liberty
Central Park
find Central Perk
visit the campus of NYU
window-shop the brand name shops
a ride on the Staten Island Ferry
Empire State Building
Times Square
Ground Zero
Brooklyn Bridge
Wall St.
the "Today Show" set

Any more suggestions? Quirky things welcome.

4 comments:

Hope McClure said...

I can't wait ;) I'm calling William Shatner right now to negotiate our prices :)

Dan Underwood said...

The Jeckyll & Hyde restaurant is awesome. Check it out if you can. You gotta visit one of the ball parks (Yankees/Mets) - especially in June. Go watch A-Rod use a walker to get around the bases in 2014! Don't just ride the Staten Island Ferry, actually tour through Staten Island. Such a rich history and important place. Go to FAO Schwartz, it's lots of fun. AND most importantly, you must must must eat some cheesecake while you are there.
Take a cab ride, just to say you've done it. Ride the subway, just to say you've done it. Kill someone, just to say you've done it (wait, I should stop watching so many CSI:NY episodes - not everyone kills in NYC).
All in all, you've got the best stuff written down. I've been two times and really enjoyed it.
FYI about Broadway shows: people don't really dress up for them anymore. Joanna and I went for our honeymoon and wore suit and dress and people stared at us because we stuck out like a sore thumb. But, we loved it!!

Hope McClure said...

Dan should be our travel agent :)

the husband said...

Sounds like an awesome trip and it's never too soon to start planning, that's what I always say...