29 September 2009

I'm bummed...

And I'm having a hard time getting past it, so I'm hoping that blogging about it will help.
Corey's work has picked up. He's got a couple more cases than before, which is really great. We found out not too long ago that he had been taken off salary because of his low hours and his paycheck was significantly lower than before. So more hours is good. He'll get back to full-time salary and we'll be able to pay the bills.
The bad thing is he's working till 8ish, not getting home till 830ish 4 out of 5 nights. And this tired pregnant lady's bed time is 9. I'm usually asleep on the couch by 830, and not by choice, I just can't help it.
So we're literally not seeing each other.
How do we cope? Any advice?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Aw, Danessa, I'm so sorry to hear that! That is no fun : (. One of the things John and I used to do when our schedules were so tight was reserve a day out of the week that was just for us (usually a Sunday), and that special, set apart time somehow helped me make it through the long weeks.

Hope McClure said...

I know that feeling...it is a bummer when you can't spend any time together. I don't know if this will work with yall's schedule, but we started getting up like 30-45 minutes earlier that we used to. That gives us time to just be with each other in the morning. We use the time to spend some time with God and just hang out. It's not much but it really has helped us since we have had a hard time gettin home and settled before 9ish.

Love you guys

Wes said...

I've only gotten to see my wife 24 hours out of the past 14 days... The only thing I have is quitting my job, but I don't think corey would be up for that.

Dan Underwood said...

Make a point to do little things throughout the week (letters, calls, etc.) to let each other know you are thinking of them even if you aren't together. The small things really make a difference. Setting the day apart (Laura) is great advice as well.