25 September 2009

What a husband I have

Now that I'm pregnant and working full-time (not at a desk, but with a child with special needs), I get home and want to collapse. I just want to lay down on the couch in front of the t.v. for some mindless entertainment for at least an hour. Aaah, it's very relaxing. Drink, snack, t.v. aaaah.
And I can usually do this without shame because Corey is never at home when I get home. His day starts when mine ends since he has to wait on his clients to get out of school before going to their house for therapy. Yesterday though, his client cancelled so he had the afternoon off to spend with me. I was thrilled. A girl gets lonely coming home to no husband day after day. We talked a lot, planned dinner and were interrupted by a phone call for Corey. I figured and informed the dog, "Well, while he's on the phone, I'll go downstairs and start a load of laundry." I get down there, accompanied by the dog, and to my surprise...
there are loads in each machine. COREY DID LAUNDRY! and I didn't ask him to. So I start folding the clothes and Corey comes down to help. Needless to say, he got a big kiss, not only for starting the clothes but coming down to help. We go back upstairs and start supper. He's good at fixing chicken, so he starts on that and I go to unload the dishwasher. COREY HAD IT DONE!
And you know what he's doing today while he's at home? Cleaning the house for when the parent's come down this weekend.
Oh my gosh. I told him he rocks my world. And he does. He's making it so easy to be pregnant. :D
I was just so excited about him taking care of things around the house that I HAD to blog about how awesome my husband is. I would ask y'all if you need an awesome, helpful, supportive, thoughtful husband to loan out for a day or two, but I think I'm going to keep him all to myself.
Corey, babe, you're awesome. I love you.

4 comments:

the husband said...

thanks babe! i'm glad you notice and appreciate the things i do to try and help out! :)

Dan Underwood said...

Are you sure you can't rent him out for a weekend?

Hope McClure said...

you're right...you do have a pretty awesome husband...God knew just what He was doin when he put you guys together...I love you both :) I wanna come see you soon...

Anonymous said...

Yea, for Barker brothers...I have to say that Chris does do laundry (although doesn't fold it), straightens up all of the time (although never really "cleans"), changes poopy diapers without flinching, and thinks loading the dishwasher is a challenging puzzle to load most effectively. Glad to see Corey's got the awareness to help out and does it! About a previous, lonely posting...at this time, be grateful you get to see him at all. I know it's cheesy, but if you think working with a kiddo is hard, try working with six, and coming home to a 2 year old and doing it by yourself. Try to think of it as alone time that you deserve...because I guarantee after February you will be lucky to have it once a year. No joke...
Much love...your sis in law