
My baby is 5 months old today. I can't believe it. He's so big. I love him more and more everyday.
He's on formula now; he wasn't gaining enough weight. Now he's definitely gaining weight and is so much happier. And I am a free woman. I know nursing was the best thing for him, and I did it as long as my body would let me. That doesn't change the fact that it feels SO good to not feel solely responsible for providing enough food for him.
He says "uh-uh" (as in "no") a lot, of course not knowing what he's saying. He has also said "o.k." a couple times too. He likes to grasp things constantly and is really good at sitting up on his own and leaning up on his elbows. He's quick at turning his head when someone enters the room and can even watch the cars go by the house. The other day, he actually watched a far-off dragonfly swarm around.
He's a roly-poly, rolling from belly to back and then back to belly and then again. And he's a big fan of cartoons while he sits in his exersaucer. He smiles all the time and is a whole lot better with other people besides his mama and dad. He likes to be scared; he thinks it's funny. And when he gets excited, his legs go straight and his hands make fast little waves close to his belly, and he pants super fast. It's so cute.
That's our monthly birth date update. We're glad there's a way we can stay close to y'all and feel like y'all are right here with us as he grows up.


No comments:
Post a Comment