28 January 2009

Nothing but great news!

I have another interview on Monday morning and it's with the Minnick Education Center (specializes in children with autism), and Corey has a lunch meeting with the associate pastor of First Baptist to go over a proposal they have come up with for him. We're figuring it's an employment proposal since that's what Corey contacted him about twice. So yey. No word from DePaul (my last interview) but they said the latest they would get back to me would be the first week in Feb. so we still have a while. Too bad they feel like they have to wait til last minute, but oh well.
Other great news- tonight, we went to Theresa's (as in John and Theresa's) bible study that she teaches and it was great. Everyone there wanted to talk to us, get to know us, so we're meeting people left and right at that church. The REALLY great news is that we came home after two hours and Milo had not wrecked anything. It looked like he had scratched at the same places at the door frame, but just the littlest bit. There was barely any scraps of wood or paint on the floor around there. So to us, he didn't do any damage. You know what I said: (talking to Milo/yelling in excitement)
"You did so good! AND TRAINING WORKS!!"
We got up to 10 minutes today in our training. 10 minutes alone in a room in a quiet house after hearing the front door open and close is A LOT for a dog with seperation anxiety. And it's working. We have seen the fruits of our labor. Ah, it's a glorious thing.
Thank Jesus for even the smallest victories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I can't wait for us to be able to leave the house without having to worry about what we were coming home to! Very exciting! Oh, and the job stuff is awesome too

Hope McClure said...

hooray! I'm so proud of Milo...and I'm so proud of you!
I'm still praying, and I know that things are gonna be wonderful for you! I love you!

Leanne Penny said...

I am so glad that the job situation is going so well and that training with Milo is coming along too! Sorry I haven't kept up with the blog lately, but I have back-read everything and feel like I am up to speed! Can't wait to hear about everything to come!